Bollington Primary School Squash Program
Squash is a sport played in 185 countries around the globe, with an estimated 20-million players worldwide. However it is a sport that many children are not exposed to growing up. We are looking to change that by introducing a Primary Schools Squash Program here in Bollington.
We are pleased to announce the start of the Program in March 2018!
Three Schools, 71 Children (Year 4’s) and Bollington’s first ever School vs School Squash Tournament!
The plan is simple: Over the course of 6 weeks the local Primary Schools will take part in six 1-hour coaching sessions; 2 delivered to the whole class in their School Hall, before the final 4 sessions are delivered to between 6 and 12 of the highest performers per school. On the 7th week the schools will face off in a School vs School Squash Tournament consisting of Teams of 3. The winners will be crowned the first ever “Happy Valley Primary School Squash Champions”!
Each School will keep their parents informed with how things are progressing but watch this space for updates, news and further information on the Program.
Why Get Involved with Squash
- It has been voted the world healthiest sport!
- It is great for teaching children about movements, techniques and tactics.
- Big emphasis on Hand-eye co-ordination and judging both angles and trajectories.
- Hugely enjoyable and will provide a hobby for life that will keep them fit and healthy!
- Create links between local schools and leisure facilities that share a common goal of bettering and enriching a child’s education.
If you work in or are involved with a school and would like more information, or you would like to register your interest in the program, then please get in touch with our Head Coach- Chris Ogden.